WHAT YOU NEED
- 125 mL (½ bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- One 450-g block extra-firm tofu (cut into 16 to 18 cubes)
- 22.5 mL (1.5 tbsp) cornstarch
- 22.5 mL (1.5 tbsp) ground flaxseed
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 180 mL (¾ cup) fine panko breadcrumbs
- 125 mL (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) smoked paprika
Serving size: ≈3 nuggets
- Fat7 g
- Iron1.75 mg
- Carbohydrate24 g
- Dietary fibre2 g
- Protein11 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
Press the tofu (to eliminate water):
Wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, and put a couple of heavy books on top of that. Press the tofu for 20 minutes. (You can skip this step if you get the super-firm variety.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together PediaSure Complete®, cornstarch, ground flaxseed, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In another small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Slice the pressed tofu in half lengthwise, then into equal-sized cubes (approximately 2 cm x 2 cm).
- Dip each tofu cube in the wet ingredients, then into the breadcrumb mixture until well covered. Place on the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy! (See our Ranch dipping sauce.)
- Serve as an appetizer or as a special afternoon snack alongside crudités.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.