WHAT YOU NEED
- 235 mL (1 bottle) Vanilla or Chocolate PediaSure Complete®
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 375 mL (1½ cups) grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 7.5 mL (1½ tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cinnamon + more to swirl on top
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 500 mL (2 cups) whole wheat flour
Serving size: 1 slice
- Fat10 g
- Iron1.5 mg
- Carbohydrate29 g
- Dietary fibre3 g
- Protein6 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Grease a 23-cm x
13-cm (9-inch x 5-inch) loaf pan to prevent the bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil and maple syrup. Beat them with a whisk until they are combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and PediaSure Complete®. Beat well. With a big spoon, stir in the grated zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flour.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Freeze individual slices of this recipe and reheat for breakfast or as a snack.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.