WHAT YOU NEED
- 235 mL (1 bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 750 mL (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, frozen
- 175 mL (¾ cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- 250 mL (1 cup) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 125 mL (½ cup) sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh basil
- 2 eggs, beaten
Serving size: 1 scone
- Fat18 g
- Iron4 mg
- Carbohydrate43 g
- Dietary fibre2 g
- Protein11 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- In a large bowl, stir to combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Grate the frozen butter into the dry ingredients. Add the cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and basil.
- Make a well and add the eggs. Gradually add the PediaSure Complete® while folding until dough holds together.
- The dough will be sticky. Flour work surface and wet your hands to help form dough into a 20 cm disc, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bake for
30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Suggest different ingredients and get your child to choose what goes into this recipe: various grated cheeses, pitted olives, roasted bell peppers, fresh chives, or parsley.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.