WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 x 235 mL (2 bottles) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 454 g (1 lb) carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) water
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) orange peel, grated
- 2 mL (½ tsp) ground black pepper
Serving size: 250 mL (1 cup)
- Fat8 g
- Sodium223 mg
- Carbohydrate18 g
- Dietary fibre3 g
- Protein3 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Wash, peel, and coarsely cut carrots and sweet potato into chuncks (2.5 cm). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and cook onions until tender but not brown.
- Add vegetables, broth, water, ginger, orange peel, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup using a hand blender (or transfer to a blender and return to saucepan).
- Mix PediaSure Complete® into the soup and stir until combined. Do not boil.
- In a rush? Use frozen or pre-cut vegetables to save time.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.