WHAT YOU NEED
- 470 mL (2 bottles) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 6 slices of day-old bread or 1 entire day-old baguette
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chocolate chips (optional, but recommended!)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
Serving size: 1/12th of recipe (≈5-cm x 6-cm square)
- Fat6 g
- Iron1.5 mg
- Carbohydrate17 g
- Dietary fibre1 g
- Protein5 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Break bread into small pieces into a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread. If desired, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, PediaSure Complete®, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Use raisin bread and omit the chocolate chips or substitute for chopped pecans!
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.