WHAT YOU NEED
- 235 mL (1 bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 375 mL (1½ cups) quick-cooking oats
- 375 mL (1½ cups) flaked oats
- 175 mL (¾ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 500 mL (2 cups) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 mL (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 625 mL (2½ cups) whole wheat flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 250 mL (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 250 mL (1 cup) raisins
Serving size: 1 cookie
- Fat6 g
- Sodium86 mg
- Carbohydrate27 g
- Dietary fibre1.6 g
- Protein2 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Prepare cookie sheets by greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, soak quick-cooking oats in PediaSure Complete® for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flaked oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- Combine soaked oats with wet mixture. To this, add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls approximately 5 cm
(2 inches) apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a rack for a few minutes before removing cookies.
- The trick to getting a really chewy cookie: chill the dough before baking!
- Substitute your favourite dried fruits or nuts for variety.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.