WHAT YOU NEED
- 235 mL (1 bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (½ tsp) cinnamon
- 2 mL (½ tsp) nutmeg
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground cloves
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 2 large eggs
- 125 mL (½ cup) brown sugar, packed
- 60 mL (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 375 mL (1½ cups) carrots (approximately 3 large carrots), grated
Easy Chocolate Icing:
- 60 mL (¼ bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 250 mL (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter
Serving size: 1 cupcake topped with 20 mL of icing
- Fat13 g
- Sodium218 mg
- Carbohydrate34 g
- Dietary fibre2.5 g
- Protein4 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 12-count muffin tray with paper liners. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add all remaining dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt) and mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, oil, applesauce, and PediaSure Complete® until smooth.
- Using a spatula, scrape wet mixture over dry ingredients. Add carrots and stir everything together until homogeneous, making sure not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
For the icing:
- Place chocolate chips and PediaSure Complete® into a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Substitute Vanilla PediaSure Complete® for Chocolate or Strawberry Flavours.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.