WHAT YOU NEED
- 235 mL (1 bottle) Vanilla PediaSure Complete®
- 625 mL (2½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (½ tsp) cinnamon
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 large egg
- 125 mL (½ cup) brown sugar, packed
- 125 mL (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 375 mL (1½ cups) bananas (approximately 3 medium-size bananas), mashed
- 125 mL (½ cup) dark chocolate chips
Serving size: 1 slice
- Fat11 g
- Sodium174 mg
- Carbohydrate22 g
- Dietary fibre1 g
- Protein2 g
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 23-cm x 120-cm (9-inch x 5-inch) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter with a beater. Whisk in mashed bananas, egg, and PediaSure Complete®.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until top of bread turns brown and cracks along the top.
- Use whole wheat flour for a higher fibre version.
- Baker’s secret: To lock in the moisture, cover with foil and let it sit for 30 minutes when removed from the oven.
Nutrition Information of recipe was calculated with original PediaSure Complete® formulation.